launch URL with mailto yields inconsistent 'can't open file' error

runrev260805 at m-r-d.de runrev260805 at m-r-d.de
Wed Dec 3 19:16:35 EST 2008

Hi Mark,

have you tried your mailto: string in the adressfield of your webbrowser?
Or just try the "large" mailto within the "RUN"-box where you can enter a command into one line. Don´t know the exact
name, because i am working with a german windows - here it´s called ausfuerhen... . You can normally reach this field from the "start"-button.

I ran into similar problems long time ago and if i remember right it was a restriction of the mapi32.dll. At least here.

So if it does not work in your browser, then it is a mapi thing.

Regards,

Matthias