OT: Creating a PC Compatible DVD...

Richmond Mathewson geradamas at yahoo.com
Wed Dec 3 14:49:06 EST 2008

I flung out the original Apple DVD drive from my G4 a few years ago (well it is 'enjoying' a second life in Razgrad, North Bulgaria in a COMPAQ Pentium 3 running Ubuntu) and replaced it with a TSSTcorp CD/DVDW that writes LightScribe CDs and DVDs - and I only use Hewlett Packard Lightscribe DVDs. These are a little bit more expensive than other optical materials, but they seem to be readable everywhere (Windows, Debian, Mac, RISC) and I can efficiently label the other sides of the discs.

sincerely, Richmond Mathewson.

A Thorn in the flesh is better than a failed Systems Development Life Cycle.