Town Planning for 7-9 year old EFL pupils.

Richmond Mathewson geradamas at yahoo.com
Wed Dec 3 14:38:53 EST 2008

Just uploaded a graphic-intensive stack (3.4 MB) to revOnline:

"LOCATION.rev" - find it under 'Richmond'

This is the seed of a stack I have developed for some of the EFL
children I teach who are having quite some difficulty wrapping their
brains round OPPOSITE, NEXT TO, BEHIND, ON THE RIGHT, ON THE LEFT,
ON THE CORNER, and so on.

Have bombarded them with toy houses and so on: eyes glaze over fairly
quickly. Plonk the "little darlings" in front of the Ubuntu boxes,
and 'WHAM' they feel empowered, and, more importantly, the learn
the terms and how to use them. Sitting near them while they work at
the computers one can even hear them sub-vocalising the vocabulary!

Anybody who wants to use and/or adapt what I have uploaded is more than welcome.

sincerely, Richmond Mathewson

A Thorn in the flesh is better than a failed Systems Development Life Cycle.