OT: Edu Users Interested in Art/3D Art and Rev

Lynn Fredricks lfredricks at proactive-intl.com
Tue Dec 2 11:30:03 EST 2008

Hello all,

Without going into great NDA busting detail, Mirye has picked up exclusive,
worldwide rights to a 3D software product (Windows and Mac, both) which
should be announced in time for MacWorld. Though Rev has little to do with
3D, Rev is a superior multimedia system for content aggregation.

We've been getting Rev out through academic friendly sales channels, like
Programmer's Paradise, Academic Superstore and even a small presence on
Amazon. However Im exploring the content side of academic promotion,
especially in context to Rev + Content (graphics, video, audio) since that
seems to be a stronger emphasis in multimedia education now in K-12
(podcasting, video production, interactive web, etc) than programming as a
"standalone" topic.

Id like to assess interest for this in the Rev community and who all might
be interested in a special interest group. Unfortunately I don't have any
body parts to trade, but I may have a spare piece of Malte left after his
big giveaway ;-)

Best regards,

Lynn Fredricks
Mirye Software Publishing