When they ask, what is this written in?

Mark Brownell gizmotron at earthlink.net
Mon Dec 1 13:22:46 EST 2008

I agree that it's bad practice to draw attention to what you use in a defensive way or in criticizing other well known methods. I also see the logic in not using name overloading when describing RR, Rev, and Revolution as being a trinity of modern symbolism. I always ask, "what would you like it written in?"

How about "Runtime Revolution" the company, "RevEngine" the IDE, and "Rv+" the language?

You can say what ever you want to even if they don't in Scotland. You could just say "that's what we say in the community."