Check and close a program

Mark Stuart mstuart at adaptcrm.com
Mon Dec 1 11:52:42 EST 2008

Hi Tareq,

Read the Windows Registry, using the following Key:

NT\CurrentVersion\CurrentVersion

Valid values = (5, 5.1, 6)

Where: 5 = Win2000, 5.1 = WinXP, 6 = Vista

If it = 5.1 OR 6 (Vista), then use: "taskkill /IM ExecutableName.exe"

This will kill/stop ALL sessions of the same exe name.

For more info:

Open a DOS box and type in: taskkill /?

You will see all the / options.

Sorry, I don't the executable name for Win2000, which is different.

HTH,

Mark Stuart

Tareq wrote:

Hi everybody,
I'm to tryin' to find a way to stop a program or an
executable from the process tab of windows task
manager. Is there any simple way to do that by
scripting a btn? The executable may be rev app or
others. Thanks in advance...