mySQL question + rev drivers

Jim Ault JimAultWins at yahoo.com
Fri Aug 29 09:59:53 EDT 2008

On 8/28/08 11:35 PM, "Mark Schonewille" <m.schonewille at economy-x-talk.com>
wrote:

> Jim,
>
> For old downloads, write to support. They took away all the files from
> their FTP account, otherwise I would have referred you to that.
>
> What's Eev? Do yo mean Rev? the latest version of Revolution is 2.9 of
> course. You should be able to use this engine as CGI engine.
>
> What else do you need to know?

According to Jaque's tutorial, the latest version of the Rev engine that
will run with OSX Darwin is 2.1.2

This means that the local host is the computer you are working on, and in my
case, I have a static IP so clients and other servers can access my local
hosted web server.  This local hosted web server is Apache/php using the Rev
2.1.2 engine.

None of the Rev engine configurations on my current web hosting account work
even with the simple echo.mt or hello.cgi scripts.

Once some development and proof of concept is accomplished the customer will
open a Dreamhost account, which does run the 2.9 engine

Thanks for the reply!

Jim Ault
Las Vegas