Print stack as PDF

paolo mazza paolo.mazza at neol.it
Fri Aug 29 05:23:05 EDT 2008

Jan, Rob,
your messages have been very helpfull.
in MacOSX command "printerOutput" does a good job, printing a stack in PDF
from revolution.
Still, I wuold like to find solution for the windows platform without any
external software.
I wonder, if Quartam PDF Library, combined with command "import shapshot",
can produce a PDF file  similar to the one you get from the "printer
output".
Thanks a lot.
Paolo

>Hi Paulo,
>
>If your app runs on MacOSX, you can set the
>'printerOutput' to a filepath, and that will churn out
>a PDF file. However, this doesn't work on Windows or
>Linux: the Windows engine produces XPS files
>[Microsoft's PDF rival format], and the Linux engine
>produces postscript files.
>
>Quartam PDF Library is not capable of turning just
>about any stack into a PDF file - there are a lot of
>Revolution properties that make it hard to interpret
>what to do (for instance, should I go for the literal
>interpretation of certain property combinations or try
>and mimick the way Rev renders it on each platform and
>OS version?)
>And admittedly, a few more items need to be put in
>place (blending, clipping, arbitrary fonts, htmlText
>support, etc.) before I can even start on that generic
>PDF conversion.
>
>Hope this clarified it,
>
>Jan Schenkel
>
>Hi Paolo,
>
>>how can I print a stack as PDF from revolution 3.0?
>
>For Windows systems, you can download and install CutePDFWriter free
>from <http://www.cutepdf.com/Products/CutePDF/writer.asp>.  Once
>installed, any printer output can be saved as a pdf file.
>
>Rob Cozens, Director
>Resighini Rancheria Environmental Protection Authority
>Klamath, California

Paolo Mazza
NEOL SRL
Società partecipata da Università di Padova
via N. Tommaseo 84
35131 - Padova (Italy)
Tel 049- 2050147 - Fax 049-7964386
www.neol.it