[WAAAY OT] Help - name needed

Kay C Lan lan.kc.macmail at gmail.com
Wed Aug 27 22:07:30 EDT 2008

On Wed, Aug 27, 2008 at 8:17 PM, Sarah Reichelt <sarah.reichelt at gmail.com>wrote:

> Nice - his oboe is made of grenadilla wood, but I don't know about the
> clarinet. Definitely not the flute, so they will probably discard this
> name, but I like it.
>
> Obviously high quality clarinets can be made of grenadilla, but as you said
'classic' woodwind then I extrapolated that to mean the use of a 'classic'
wood flute, which again, high quality ones would be made of grenadilla:

http://www.justflutes.com/pages/product-detail65429.htm

Wouldn't want to be that boy's parents when he decides he wants it for
Christmas ;-)

I also figured that if they participate in any Eisteddfods then if the
judges have any woodwind background they'll definitely appreciate the
connection.

As an aside, when I first read your post I missed the bit about 'classic' so
immediately assumed, what with the way youth are, they'd probably be out to
do what Bon Scott did for bagpipes. As such I figured a politically
incorrect name like 'Whitefella Didge' might be up their alley. But
fortunately I re-read the post and picked up the all important 'classic'.

Again, good luke to them.