RTFtext, printing and tabStops

Jan Schenkel janschenkel at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 26 11:57:32 EDT 2008

--- Shari <shari at gypsyware.com> wrote:
> Jan,
>
> That makes more sense.  I've already made several of
> the RTF files
> with replacement variables embedded.  Rev gets the
> template, plugs in
> its own variables, sets the RTFtext (and special
> tabstops and print
> size) of a fld to it (in a stack specially made just
> for printing),
> prints, and moves on to the next one.
>
> If they are saved as RTFtxt files and there are
> several in a batch,
> can they all be launched at once so the user has
> them all open and
> ready to print?
>
> Shari

Hi Shari,

Using AppleScript on Mac or VBScript on Windows, you
can tell Word to open a file and print it, and control
just about every other aspect of the process,
including putting two files together.

If you just want to open them, you can use the
'launch' command, of course. Otherwise you're going to
have to learn some other scripting languages :-)

Jan Schenkel.

Quartam Reports & PDF Library for Revolution
<http://www.quartam.com>

=====