revbrowser issue

Ben Rubinstein benr_mc at cogapp.com
Tue Aug 26 07:12:18 EDT 2008

On 26/8/08 06:06, Jim Sims wrote:
> When using the revbrowser, about 5-10% of the time it will
> display a blank white page instead of the web page.
>
> To test and see if it actually got the html I use:
>  put revBrowserGet(sBrowserId, "htmltext") into tHTMLT
>
> That seems to indicate that it gets the html but does not display it
> in the image assigned for the browser.
>
> Does anyone else have this issue?
>
> Is there a workaround for it?

Hi Jim,

I think we may have seen this a few times, in a project we're currently
working on.  Mac OS 10.4, on Intel.

If I'm right (it's not really my project, and I'm out of the office and don't
have access to it right now) this isn't whenever the browser is loading a page
because a link has been clicked in the page, but only when it is directed to
load a page 'from outside', ie by rev code.  In our project this only happens
when we first open the browser (ie we start the browser pointing at a
particular page on a site, and then leave the user to navigate around that
site).  That might account for why we've seen this much less than 5-10% of the
time - would that accord with your experience?

Also I have a notion, which I can't now check, that when the blank white page
is displayed, links in it are still hot - ie as if the browser has simply
missed an opportunity to update the screen, but is "in it's own mind"
displaying the page.

If that is correct, does revBrowserRedraw work around the problem?

- Ben