Text Field Woes

len-morgan at crcom.net len-morgan at crcom.net
Fri Aug 22 09:54:35 EDT 2008

I'm trying to "read" a web page and extract data from it.  I can read the
page ok and put the text in a variable.  I can parse and remove most of
the extraneous stuff (<TD>...</TD> etc.).  Where I'm having a problem is
when I put the digested information into a field to check it, each line is
in a 3 dimensional box as if it was still trying to display the field as
html.  I AM setting the text of the field (not the htmlText) but I still
get the boxes around the text.

The reason this is a problem is that the data is a table composed of a
time and 4 dollar amounts on each line.  I need to convert this to a line
with the items separated by commas so I can pick the items I want and work
with them.  I have tried replacing "comma & cr" with comma, "comma" &
numToChar(13), with comma, etc but it doesn't seem to find any of those.

Is there some way to suppress the display of data as html so that I get
REAL carriage returns or something I can work with?

Thanks!

Len Morgan