Re-2: Removing CRLF from text

Mark Stuart mstuart at adaptcrm.com
Thu Aug 7 12:50:57 EDT 2008

Hi all,

I've tried all replies to this issue and the one that works is from
Martin Baxter, using:

    put URL ("binfile:" & tFilename) into tData

    put tData into fld "Original"  --this results in displaying a "box"
character at the end of each line

    --now look for the set of string characters that I want to remove

    put "+" & CRLF into tmatchstring   --the order that the string
you're looking for is important

    replace tmatchstring with space in tData

    replace " " with empty in tData   --the replace character is the
last char of each line from the "Original" field. I copied this
character into the script

    --place the result into a field for display

    put tData into fld "Changed"

>From my "Changed" field (the result of the script), I copied the text
from it, saved it with Notepad and viewed the file with a Hex Editor.

    The characters at the end of each line are:

    (Hex=0d0d0a) which is 13 13 10

    RunRev translation:

    cr cr lf

    Remember, this is all from using...

    put URL ("binfile:" & tFilename) into tData

>From the saved file above, I used it as the ini file for the software
application, and the application works with it - no problem.

The net result is, this works using: put URL ("binfile:"..... when
trying to do what I need to do ...

... bring "broken" INI entries into one line, per ini entry.

Thanx all for your interesting responses.

It shows how awesome, diverse and I might say in a nice way, indulgent,
each RunRev developer is.

Regards,

Mark Stuart