OT: Original iMac ad influences

Luis luis at anachreon.co.uk
Fri Aug 22 04:49:23 EDT 2008

Hiya,

I hope you get better! (I usually get those from nodding off at the
keyboard, I should really get an LCD to replace the CRT, I heard
they're much softer).

On the topic you've raised: I've often wondered how far back the
design of the product begins prior to it making a social impact - In
this sense, where the iMac was concerned: Is the design driven by the
company or the designer? Steve Jobs hired Jonathan Ive: Did his
design influence Steve Jobs? Did Steve Jobs want Jonathan Ive's
designs? Would there have been a 'floral' iMac without them?
Possibly, maybe not when they did, but it was bound to happen
(whether from Apple or another company). Some may have even had
similar designs prior to Apple, but afraid, weary of releasing
something that different?

Oh, rant. Friday. Gotta remind myself not to do that again.

Cheers,

Luis.