Grab and Ungrab?

Scott Rossi scott at tactilemedia.com
Thu Aug 21 18:25:57 EDT 2008

Recently, Andres Martinez wrote:

> Is there any way to "un-grab" a control previously grabbed?
>
> If I use the following code...
>
> on mousedown
>    grab me
> end mousedown
>
> Is there any way I can programatically release this control?

I don't believe so -- I'm pretty sure the the grab command relies on the
mouse state.

If you want to script grab or drag/drop behavior, you have to use the
built-in drag/drop commands, or you can script your own drag routine.  One
example was recently posted on the list (execute in your Rev message box):

  go url "http://www.tactilemedia.com/download/drag_sample.rev"

Eric Chatonet also has some drag/drop examples among his numerous tutorials.

 http://www.sosmartsoftware.com/?r=revolution_didacticiels&l=en

Regards,

Scott Rossi
Creative Director