revBrowser on Windows

Thomas McGrath III 3mcgrath at comcast.net
Tue Aug 19 12:22:57 EDT 2008

Hello my friends,

I am back from vacation/holiday and am trying to figure out my
revBrowser problems again.

So far, I seem to have fixed the MaxOSX issues for revBrowser and am
fixing my path problems.

And on windows I have the path fixed but still have a naming issue
i.e. a .png is being shown in my field but on OSx it does not so I
have to fix this.

As far as revBrowser on windows is concerned, it loads the external, I
check on a built standalone for the instances and there is one. Also I
do not get an error on loading the browser external.

BUT, It seems however that the browser window while it does load, can
not be actually seen on the screen and if I mouse over the area where
it is supposed to load I get feedback (for instance the tooltip on a
google link) but the window is blank visually.

I think this might be due to the fact that I use a window shape for
the stack. Is there a workaround for this? Any ideas on a fix?

Another issue I have is when I start a player with a video it starts
playing in the lower left of the stack instead of the area where the
player is located. If I stop the player and start again it will now
play where it is supposed to. this is an incovienence but not a show
stopper.

Any ideas are welcome.

Tom McGrath