[ANN] [EN] [FR] Tutorial #27 by So Smart Software: How to select objects using a selection rectangle built on-the-fly

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Tue Aug 12 15:41:20 EDT 2008

Eric Chatonet wrote:
> Bonsoir Chipp,
>
> I'm not sure I understand what you mean...
> What is sure is that a repeat until... is blocking Rev during the
> process without any wait x ms with messages inserted in the repeat loop.
> But actually who cares from an user point of view?
> What would you do in the meantime?
> And how this could affect other apps?
> Probably I miss what you want to mean :-)
>
> If I look at Task Manager (Windows) I can see that there is no CPU high
> usage in Rev and, for example, Vista widgets go on working as expected.
> What is your point exactly?

He's talking about this:

<http://www.hyperactivesw.com/polling.html>

It was one of Scott Raney's biggest pet peeves and he always warned
people not to do it. He finally asked me to put up a web page so he
could refer people there when he saw script examples on the MC list.

It may be that newer CPUs handle this kind of blocking call better now,
but I still avoid using mouse polling inside repeat loops.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com