OT: Windows Vista security 'rendered useless' by researchers

Peter Alcibiades palcibiades-first at yahoo.co.uk
Mon Aug 11 23:57:51 EDT 2008

http://arstechnica.com/news.ars/post/20080811-the-sky-isnt-falling-a-look-at-a-new-vista-security-bypass.html

has a more complete account.  If its correct, Firefox seems to be vulnerable
also, at least to some variants, but the problem is considerably less severe
than represented in the popular press.  Moving to OSX?  Hardware is the
problem of course.  You cannot 'move to OSX.  I guess you can 'move to
Linux', but even I recognize that few will find this practical or
attractive!