"the effective visibility"

Eric Chatonet eric.chatonet at sosmartsoftware.com
Sat Aug 9 07:12:49 EDT 2008

Bonjour David,

AFAIK the owner's property is reliable as long as you don't try to
code some expression using the owner of the owner of the owner of
tObj...
Using this form, I have got unexpected results.
On the other hand, the long owner is the long name of the owner and I
would prefer if it was the long ID:
There are cases where you have to 'get' the long ID of the owner of
tObj to be safe...
I am thinking of hundreds of groups created on the fly for instance.

In the function I posted about the effective 'visible' of a control,
I stop recursion when the card level is reached: the visible of
'card' throws an error:
Once more, this could be fixed at the level engine to return true in
all cases for a card since it makes a 'hole' into the hierarchy: any
control gets a visible property, any stack too but not a card :-(

Hope this clarifies ;-)

Le 9 août 08 à 12:05, David Bovill a écrit :

> Thanks for those Eric - I've got a general question about the use
> of "the
> long owner". I know that in the old days it was safer to take the
> long id of
> the target and delete the first 4 words to get the long id of the
> owner (so
> you could reference it from anywhere) - is this not necessary any
> more?

Best regards from Paris,
Eric Chatonet.