Still can not get revBrowser to load in standalone
m.schonewille at economy-x-talk.com
Thu Aug 7 15:55:59 EDT 2008
Is all of the following true?
- have removed old versions of the external
- have double-checked that revBrowser.bundle is in the application
- are making sure that any execution errors are properly displayed in
a dialog while running a standalone
- are running OSX 10.5.4
- have made sure that the externalPackages of stack
"revExternalLibrary" contains "revBrowser" while running as a standalone
- have checked that the externals property of stack
"revExternalLibrary" contains something like "/Users/Tom/Desktop/Test/
MacOSX/Test.app/Contents/MacOS/Externals/revbrowser.bundle" and on
Windows it contains "C:/Documents and Settings/Tom/Desktop/Test/
- have made sure that the folder/file stated above actually exists and
the standalone checks this using syntax like "file... exists" or
"folder... exists" and the standalone shows an error message if the
file/folder doesn't exist
- have made sure that the rect property of the browser object is set
to an area that is visible on the card
- have double-checked this rect and your standalone displays it in a
field or dialog window after you have set the rect of the browser object
- have checked that the revBrowserGet function returns the correct
- aren't using any custom window shapes
- have created an otherwise empty stack, which displays a website in a
browser object correctly while running as a standalone on both OSX and
- did not put your standalone at root level but it sits in a folder
What made you think that copying revBrowser.bundle to the root level
of the DVD would help?
Economy-x-Talk Consulting and Software Engineering
Benefit from our inexpensive hosting services. See http://economy-x-talk.com/server.html
for more info.
On 7 aug 2008, at 21:22, Thomas McGrath III wrote:
> Dear programmers,
> I still can not seem to get the revBrowser to load from the
> standalone I am building.
> It should load since it is in the OSX package but it does not.
> In Windows it will not load either.
> I can really use some help here.
> Tom McGrath
More information about the use-livecode