Re-2: Removing CRLF from text

Mark Schonewille m.schonewille at economy-x-talk.com
Thu Aug 7 10:49:03 EDT 2008

Hi Mikey,

On Unix systems, the line delimiter is ASCII 10. On HyperCard, ASCII
13 was used. On HyperCard is was called a return and a way had to be
invented to make conversion of HyperCard stacks, as well as HyperCard
users, to Revolution as easy as possible. Treating both linefeeds and
returns as linefeeds as equals really made this easier.

The question remains, what would have happened if Revolution had used
ASCII 13? Probably, this would have complicated using Rev stacks as
shell and CGI scripts in Unix systems.

--

Economy-x-Talk
Consultancy and Software Engineering

Download at http://www.salery.biz

Op 7-aug-2008, om 16:34 heeft Mikey het volgende geschreven: