Speeding up get URL

Dave Cragg dave.cragg at lacscentre.co.uk
Tue Aug 5 14:16:03 EDT 2008

On 4 Aug 2008, at 13:00, Alex Tweedly wrote:

> You should be able to achieve that using 'load URL' - set off a
> number of 'load's going and then by checking the URLstatus you can
> process them as they have finished arriving to your machine; and as
> the number of outstanding requested URLs decreases, set off the next
> batch of 'load's.

In this case, Alex, I don't think there will be a noticeable
difference. Although "load" can make simultaneous requests, requests
to the same domain are queued, and are sent in turn after the previous
request returns. As "get" will also re-use open connections, I think
the result will be pretty much the same.

I like the idea of running a script on the server. (I'm behind a
fairly slow DSL connection.)

Cheers
Dave