Creating variables

François Chaplais francois.chaplais at mines-paristech.fr
Tue Aug 5 11:01:02 EDT 2008

Le 5 août 08 à 16:12, Eric Chatonet a écrit :

> Bonjour Eric,
>
> Le 6 juil. 08 à 22:38, Éric Miclo a écrit :
>
>> repeat for each line lineListOne in listOne
>>   repeat for each line lineListTwo in listTwo
>>     put (lineListOne & lineListTwo) into varName
>>     put "test" into varName
>>   end repeat
>> end repeat
>
> put <whatever> into tContents
> do "put tContents into" && varName

unfortunately, this is another call to the "do" command whose usage
is seriously limited in standalones (this has been already discussed).
I wish that there were to tell transcript that when "set the
<propepertyname> of <objectname> to <objectvalue>", <this> refers to
variables whose value is the name of a transcript language chunk,
without using the "do" command.
I have never tried this before, but using a variable reference (with
@  for instance?) would perhaps do the trick?

Best regards
	François