The Euro symbol

Sarah Reichelt sarah.reichelt at gmail.com
Mon Aug 4 20:29:46 EDT 2008

On Mon, Aug 4, 2008 at 5:52 PM, Eric Chatonet
<eric.chatonet at sosmartsoftware.com> wrote:
> Bonjour Sarah,
>
> €, £ and $ on Win: 128, 163, 36
> €, £ and $ on Mac: 219, 163, 36
>
> Probably can you test the platform and use 128 or 219 according to it?
> Money apps are a pain...
> The problem will not be solved ;-)
> For instance:
> $10.50 (English) and 10,50 € (French)
> The best way should probably to get the current money format from the system
> (International/Formats on Mac OS and... on Win)
> I wonder if this kind of issue has not been treated yet on the list two
> years ago.

Thanks Eric and everyone else who answered. It appears there is no
simple cross-platform solution :-(
If only Britain would convert to the euro, then maybe our friends in
Edinburgh would come up with the answer :-)

Ah well, I'll just have to do it the hard way then.

Cheers,
Sarah