Apple Script and Rev

Sarah Reichelt sarah.reichelt at gmail.com
Wed Apr 30 18:05:53 EDT 2008

On Thu, May 1, 2008 at 7:36 AM, Glen Bojsza <gbojsza at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
>  I was hoping to see if anyone knows how to use Apple Script and Rev to
>  configure Speech Recognition on OS X.
>
>  Basically, is it possible to:
>  1. turn speakable items on / off
>  2. select Listen continuously with keyword
>  3. set the keyword
>
>  I would like this to be done in an application created by Rev.

You don't say what version of OS X you are using and AppleScript has
got a lot of new features in 10.5, but here are some links that might
help:

Firstly, you can script the System Prefs directly. I couldn't see that
there were any commands for controlling the Speech recognition prefs,
but you might be able to find them.
<http://www.apple.com/applescript/features/system-prefs.html>.

10.5 now allows you to read & write plist files, so this might be
useful <http://www.apple.com/applescript/features/propertylists.html>.

Finally, you can try GUI scripting to have your app click at all the
right places and type into the right fields. Here is a link to a good
article about that
<http://www.mactech.com/articles/mactech/Vol.21/21.06/UserInterfaceScripting/index.html>.

HTH,
Sarah