Is there a minimum OS X requirement for Rev 2.8?

Sarah Reichelt sarah.reichelt at gmail.com
Wed Apr 30 07:25:56 EDT 2008

>  I have build an app in 2.8 for OS X (Universal), which runs up to now
>  without any problems and almost no bad feedback from my customers. Today I
>  got a call from a customer, running OS X 10.2.8. When he clicks on my app
>  something is working for moment, as if the program want's to start and
>  closes again without opening.

In my experience, if the app bounces once or twice in the Dock then
stops, it is often a permissions problem. How do you distribute this
application? If it was on a disk image or in a zip file, check to see
if your customer opened it on one computer and copied it to another.
With OS X, 10.2.8 is the cut-off for compatibility for many
applications, but I'm not sure why. It may be that 10.3 is now the
requirement for a Rev app.

Cheers,
Sarah