way to listen to port 127.0.0.1

rgould8 at aol.com rgould8 at aol.com
Sat Apr 26 01:47:13 EDT 2008

I have a need to write a little "listener app" that lurks in the
background, waiting for the user to do something on a webpage in a
browser, like Safari.  When a javascript routine on the web-page gets
called, I need my Rev app to receive a few strings of text from the
browser.

The only way I can think to do that is to somehow pass data through
port 127.0.0.1 and have Rev waiting patiently to receive that data.
I'm just not sure how to go about sniffing for data from that port.
Has anyone done that type of thing before that could share some code.

Note that this is for a kiosk environment where I have full control
over the hardware and software.  This is for a Mac.