Further Cursor experimentation

Richmond Mathewson geradamas at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 23 14:27:15 EDT 2008

Setting the Cursor to NONE works if the cursor has
been set Explicitly to something else previously;

Just made a very silly stack with one button with the
following code:

on mouseUp
  set the cursor to arrow
  wait 40 ticks
  set the cursor to none
  wait 40 ticks
  set the lockScreen to true -- *1
  set the cursor to cross
  set the cursor to none
  set the lockScreen to false
  wait 40 ticks
  set the lockScreen to true
  set the cursor to cross
  set the cursor to none
  set the lockScreen to false
  wait 40 ticks
  set the lockScreen to true
  set the cursor to cross
  set the cursor to none
  set the lockScreen to false
  wait 100 ticks
  set the cursor to arrow -- *2
end mouseUp

between points *1 and *2 I saw no cursor!

Now, if, every time your coding tells the cursor to
change for a different paint tool you could do this:

set the lockScreen to true --just prior to paint toll
change

PAINT TOOL CHANGE

set the cursor to none
set the lockScreen to false

this wouldt mean that the end-user never sees the
cursor forms set by paint-toll selection.

sincerely, Richmond Mathewson

A Thorn in the flesh is better than a failed Systems Development Life Cycle.