did "the filename" changed from 2.8 to 2.9?

Sarah Reichelt sarah.reichelt at gmail.com
Tue Apr 22 17:37:32 EDT 2008

On Wed, Apr 23, 2008 at 12:12 AM, Tiemo Hollmann TB <toolbook at kestner.de> wrote:
> Hi there,
>
>  With Rev 2.8 I have build a simple code to get the path to a subfolder of my
>  app, which worked fine in 2.8. It looks like this:
>
>         put the filename of me into tPathApp -- 2.9: /Volumes/myApp/
>         set the itemdelimiter to slash
>        if the platform = "MacOS" then
>             delete item -4 to -1 of tPathApp -- 2.9: empty
>         else
>             delete item -1 of tPathApp
>         end if
>     put tPathApp & "/pics/" into tPathPic -- 2.9: /pics/

Is this running from a substack? What happens if you use "the
effective filename"?

Here is my handler for finding the folder, which work in either the
IDE (finding the .rev file) or in a standalone (finding the .app).

function applicationFolder
  put the effective filename of this stack into tFull
  put empty into tFolder
  set the itemdel to "/"
  repeat for each item i in tFull
    if i contains ".app" or i contains ".rev" then exit repeat
    put i & "/" after tFolder
  end repeat
  return tFolder
end applicationFolder