did "the filename" changed from 2.8 to 2.9?

Tiemo Hollmann TB toolbook at kestner.de
Tue Apr 22 10:12:49 EDT 2008

Hi there,

With Rev 2.8 I have build a simple code to get the path to a subfolder of my
app, which worked fine in 2.8. It looks like this:

        put the filename of me into tPathApp -- 2.9: /Volumes/myApp/

        set the itemdelimiter to slash

       if the platform = "MacOS" then

            delete item -4 to -1 of tPathApp -- 2.9: empty

        else

            delete item -1 of tPathApp

        end if

    put tPathApp & "/pics/" into tPathPic -- 2.9: /pics/

Migrating my stack to 2.9 my code doesn't work anymore on Mac. tPathApp
contains just "/pics/" and not: /Volumes/myApp/pics/ what I wanted it to be,
where I am not surprised, when reading my code now. What the hell did I
wanted to delete with item -4 to -1 from the filename :)? Why did it worked
under 2.8 and why doesn't it work under 2.9 anymore? I am completely
puzzled. Btw. On Win it does work on 2.9 as on 2.8. Because I don't have a
Mac available right now, testing is really hard.

Can anybody shed some light on this mystery?

Thank you