answer file "sdsdsd" with type... broken on Win?

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Tue Apr 22 09:49:16 EDT 2008

Klaus Major wrote:
> can someone check if this works on Windows before I bugreport it?
> answer file "sdsdsd" with type"|jpg|"
>
> Should only show JPEG files in the dialog, but doesn't!
> ALL files can be selected :-/

Using that string I get the same result as you, but it could be because
the empty first part of the string is throwing it off.

The type specifier has three parts:  the description, the Windows file
extension, and the Mac file type, each separated by a pipe ("|").  I've
found the Mac portion can be omitted, but the description seems to be
required.

When I use:

   answer file "sdsdsd" with type "Image files|jpg"

...it works as expected.

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Managing Editor, revJournal