Getting things the wrong way round . . .

Peter Alcibiades palcibiades-first at yahoo.co.uk
Sun Apr 20 16:24:22 EDT 2008

I am happy too, with one smallish reservation.  Participating in the beta was
fine - one ought to do that, its the only way to get it done fast enough and
well enough.  If Rev wants to make gestures to active participants, that's
fine, but I certainly didn't expect it, and would participate regardless.
Rev has always been very fair with upgrades, so one ought to respond in the
same spirit when one can help.

I thought the responses from Development were rapid and competent and quite
thorough.

2.9 is a great step forward.  Native file dialogues is nice.  Print Card
works properly now.  Quite a bit of very useful stuff.  sqlite is great to
have in Linux.

revPrintField however....that still doesn't work.  And I seem to be the only
one who notices!

This is rather a pity.  I had hoped and expected to get all printing working
properly out of 2.9 and the beta program.  But, I did get 85% of what I was
hoping for.  Maybe it will be fixed one of these days.  Meanwhile, there is
a workaround at least.

All in all, the beta was fine, and 2.9 a great step forward for Linux.

Peter