Getting things the wrong way round . . .

Ken Ray kray at sonsothunder.com
Sat Apr 19 14:02:17 EDT 2008

> The name is "Revolution". Unless you're altering it to be a different
> product, why should one product have multiple names?

Right, so even if "Mirye" is being added on, it would be "Mirye Revolution",
not "Mirye Runtime Revolution" (since "Runtime Revolution" is the company).
BTW, that confusion is all over the Mirye website as well, with some
references to "Revolution" (as in " Mirye Revolution 2.9 Released With Over
500 Improvements"), but mostly as "Runtime Revolution" (as in "Mirye
Software Releases Runtime Revolution 2.9"), or event mixed (as in "Mirye
Software, publishers of the cross-platform application development system
Runtime Revolution, announces the release of Revolution 2.9 Studio and
Enterprise...")

I don't mean to be nit-picky, but the topic of confusing "company for
product for language" which has been brought up on this list before is only
exacerbated when things like this occur. I can't tell you how many times
I've had to clarify/correct people asking me about Revolution.

Of course, if the *intent* by RunRev and Mirye is to make these things all
merge and become indistinguishable, then all that needs to happen is that it
officially be made known and then I (for one) will shut up about this.

;-)

Just my 2 cents,

Ken Ray
Sons of Thunder Software, Inc.