Getting things the wrong way round . . .

Lynn Fredricks lfredricks at proactive-intl.com
Sat Apr 19 10:37:19 EDT 2008

> May be we were ill-informed insofar as 2.9 was announced as
> finished with great fanfare (which it
> deserved) before the Beta testers were made aware that they
> would be rewarded.

The 2.9 beta had a very long cycle, and it should have shipped much, much
sooner than it did. That perhaps confused some people because if it had
shipped according to its original schedule, there wouldn't be much in the
way of confusion. However the product that was released is a far superior
product than what you would have gotten then, and likely the schedule would
have just needed to be repeated - again.

I have to seriously plan product shipments - we are preparing Mirye Runtime
Revolution for shipment to Amazon. What goes to retail can't be something
that's full of issues, since if it is, its more likely to be shipped back
from distribution after a lot of customer complaints. There's a huge cost
associated with getting returns of bum product.

A lot of companies only allow active (you have a current license that will
entitle you to an upgrade during X amount of time) customers to participate
in a beta with no actual upgrade assured.

Best regards,

Lynn Fredricks
Mirye Software Publishing
http://www.mirye.com