Table Fields

Robert Sneidar slylabs13 at mac.com
Thu Apr 17 12:52:48 EDT 2008

My understanding is that Runrev did pretty much nothing to address the
table field issues. For my 2 cents, I think they need a whole new
Table Object, not just a glorified field. That would be a huge
undertaking, and I think they would have to abandon the old table
field which would break some people's apps.

In my opinion a table object would need to be able to connect to a
data source, like an SQL database and plain text files, have filtering
applied, be sortable by clicking column headers, have disk caching so
large databases could be addressed, have font control, at least down
to the row/column level, pretty much everything you would expect from
a table.

I think this could probably be accomplished to some extent with an
addon, but I don't know how you would get it to interact seamlessly
with the ide. Ideally, it needs to be something that Runrev does in
the nuts and bolts of the runrev engine.

I for one would LOVE to see such a thing, but I do not think it is in
the short term future.

Bob Sneidar
IT Manager
Logos Management