OT: Re: Alphabeticisation ?

Ken Ray kray at sonsothunder.com
Thu Apr 17 10:24:32 EDT 2008

> Some dispute about how 'alphabeticisation' is used ? ?
> ?
>
> I use 'alphabeticisation' to mean 'put things in
> alphabetical order'.

I don't know about the dispute, but either 'alphabeticisation' is a very old
word or one that was created by the author, much like the word "normalcy"
was used by Warren Harding in his presidential campaign promise of 1920
(instead or the more used term "normality").

So perhaps that's why the use of "alphabeticisation" was viewed as odd
instead of the word "alphabetize" (or "alphabetise"), which is more
universally used and understood.

Just my 2 cents,

Ken Ray
Sons of Thunder Software, Inc.