2.9 Freeze on OSX

Luis luis at anachreon.co.uk
Wed Apr 16 18:38:16 EDT 2008

Normally OS X will prevent 'badly behaved' drivers (have noted USB
drivers specifically) from loading into the system, especially so on OS
X 10.5. Having them then 'forced into being' as startup items is asking
them to load up again.
Note that some apps have to make specific changes to be OS X 10.5
friendly (I have seen this with TechTool) and not just drivers, so check
for updates.

Cheers,

Luis.

Thomas McGrath III wrote:
> Mark,
>
> I also suspected USBOverdrive and now I have narrowed down the iKey and
> Xkeys as contributing factors. Since both of these are used for I/O -
> USB - Serial connections that might be a factor since the save checks
> I/O devices and since some devices are connected over USB. I don't know
> but right now with both USBOverdrive and iKeys uninstalled and removed
> from my Login Items I have not had a crash for the first time since 2.9
> came out.
>
> I will keep testing over the next few days to see if this is indeed
> where the problem lies.
>
> Thanks for hanging in there and your feedback.
>
> Tom McGrath
>
> P.S. Tell Hans he is not alone. :-)
>

> On Apr 16, 2008, at 2:10 PM, Mark Talluto wrote:
>

>> On Apr 16, 2008, at 9:39 AM, Thomas McGrath III wrote:
>>> From Memory I can remember these were in the Login folder:
>>> iStat (some plugin - although I had deleted the preference pane for
>>> this)
>>> USBOverdrive
>>> EyeTV (some plugin - deleted the app before)