copyright infringement question

Lynn Fredricks lfredricks at proactive-intl.com
Mon Apr 14 19:28:07 EDT 2008

> Would you have a few minutes to give me your brief opinion on
> a copyright/intellectual property infringement question?
> There is a difference of opinion at our company and I'm
> seeking some outside perspective.
>
> Or maybe, refer me to some URL?  Any help gratefully
> acknowledged in advance.

A lot of this boils down to local law. A lot of EULAs forbid reverse
engineering, yet under certain jurisdictions, its okay to reverse engineer
certain aspects of a program, despite what it says in the EULA. Then there
are processes that CAN be covered under patent laws, or not, or be
considered trade secrets. Copyright might not be where the problem is, if
there is one.

Best regards,

Lynn Fredricks
Mirye Software Publishing