Sort dateTime Broken in Rev 2.9?

Peter Reid preid at reid-it.co.uk
Sun Apr 13 06:21:59 EDT 2008

Has anyone found a problem with sorting using dateTime as the sort
type with Rev 2.9?

I have a stack which has been running OK with previous Rev releases
that displays a table with a number of columns containing different
types of data  Some columns contain text (surnames), some contain
numbers (staff IDs) and some contain dates (interview date). The user
clicks on the column heading to sort the table as required, with each
click reversing the direction of the sort ascending/descending.

With Rev 2.9, the sorting works for the text and numeric columns but
not the date columns, which contain dates in UK format (DD/MM/YYYY).
If I step through in debug mode the sort command executes, but there
is no change to the field itself.  The two sort commands I use for
the date columns are as follows depending on the required sort order:

   sort lines of field "Results" descending dateTime by item colNo of
each
   sort lines of field "Results" ascending dateTime by item colNo of
each

For the text columns, the sort commands are:

   sort lines of field "Results" descending international by item
colNo of each
   sort lines of field "Results" ascending international by item
colNo of each

For the numeric columns, the commands are:

   sort lines of field "Results" descending numeric by item colNo of
each
   sort lines of field "Results" ascending numeric by item colNo of each

Only the sorts with 'dateTime' do nothing, the others work fine!  I
get the same effect if I type the sort command into the message box
and execute it directly - sort numeric and text work fine, sort
dateTime does nothing.

Has anyone else had this problem, is it a known bug in Rev 2.9 (I'm
using Rev under Mac OS X 10.4.11) or is there something extra I have
to do now to make this work?

Cheers

Peter