Embedding Fonts ?

Sarah Reichelt sarah.reichelt at gmail.com
Sat Apr 12 17:19:29 EDT 2008

On Sat, Apr 12, 2008 at 10:10 PM, Richmond Mathewson
<geradamas at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Sarah Reichelt wrote:
>
>  "Have a look at the revFontLoad & revFontUnload
>  commands."
>
>  Fantastic !
>
>  Does that actually mean that the loaded font travels
>  with the stack / standalone wherever it goes, or
>  merely that when the stack arrives on another computer
>  it looks for the font and loads it into the memory?

I haven't actually used this yet, but I would store the font file in a
custom property, then when the app runs, save it to a temporary file
and load it from that file. Then when the app closes, you can unload
it, then delete the file. Or you could just save it to Application
support or somewhere like that and leave it, but then if your app is
deleted, you are leaving something behind.

Cheers,
Sarah