File paths on a web server

Sarah Reichelt sarah.reichelt at gmail.com
Fri Apr 11 21:25:44 EDT 2008

On Fri, Apr 11, 2008 at 5:06 PM, Brian Yennie <briany at qldlearning.com> wrote:
> Could you use AppleScript? That might get you out of the sandbox where the
> CGI is running. What is probably stopping you is that Apache typically is
> run by a different user than the current "logged in" user, for security
> purposes.
>
>  tell application "System Events"
>         set username to the current user's name
>         return username
>  end tell

Thanks Brian, I'll give that a go. The other possibility that occurred
to me was to list all the folders in "/Users" to get a list of the
users on that computer, then check the Public folder of each to see
which contained the files & folders I needed. Then I could save that
data to a preference file and update it any time the correct files
could not be found.

Cheers,
Sarah