'answer (there is a file it)' returns false after selecting a file

Mark E. Powell runrev at aboutmyfiles.com
Fri Apr 11 19:25:14 EDT 2008

Had to give up a project a couple months ago that was being derailed by a Rev bug that had no workaround. Was wondering if anyone can tell me if this is fixed in 2.9.  In the message window, I type the following

answer file "The prompt..."
answer (there is a file it)

This returns false if the file name contains certain extended ASCII characters, such as the Czech Ř (R with caron) or Ů (U with ring above) or Polish Ł (L with stroke).

Can anyone confirm that this bug still exists in 2.9?  It is a deal-breaker.

Thanks.

Mark