Bug? Rev app creates invisible files?

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Thu Apr 10 15:15:54 EDT 2008

FWIW, I have seen some rare cases where new files on the Desktop aren't
visible in OS X, and I've found I can make them visible by "tickling"
the Finder by trying to create either another file or a folder with the
same name -- then the Finder will give me "That name is already used"
warning, and the previously invisible file becomes visible.

But I can't recall which programs I've seen this with.  Maybe it was
just Rev/MC, but I believe this has also happened with a couple others.

It's been very rare, and I haven't been able to come up with a recipe
for reproducing it reliably.

Whatever the cause, I believe this is a bug in the Finder rather than
Rev.  I could be wrong; if it was limited to just Rev maybe there's
something about the way they're using the API that isn't kosher.  But I
suspect if that were the case the problem would be more consistently
evident, and in my experience it's very, very rare (may three times over
as many years).

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Managing Editor, revJournal