good Rev demos

Lynn Fredricks lfredricks at proactive-intl.com
Thu Apr 10 15:03:04 EDT 2008

> At 11:20 AM -0700 4/10/08, Lynn Fredricks wrote:
> >Most have never looked at Revolution.
> >Your post did not encourage that, but the opposite that there's no
> >reason to hurry to make that evaluation.
>
> I think that posting a screen recording of something that
> should impress the Director crowd could be counted as
> encouraging people to consider it. In doing the screen
> recording I carefully avoided triggering the several bugs
> that I usually run into when doing those actions, because I
> was only trying to make Revolution look good, not bad.

The screen recording was nice, but I don't think anyone got that far.

I have marketed a lot of products into "mature" spaces - Rev is one of them,
Valentina another, yet another is a 3D product called Vue. It is very
difficult, especially so when it isnt a $50K+ product (as ironic as that
might seem).

Mature spaces are very heavily influenced by a tribe of conservative buyers
that have big investments in their favored solution - and the opinions of
long standing tribal members. Just being  "fair and balanced" comes across
as a negative based on the "ear" that is predisposed to listen to negatives
that in turn validate their original, big investments. If you ever find
yourself creating a product to market into a mature market space - its good
to know.

Best regards,

Lynn Fredricks
President