good Rev demos

Trevor DeVore lists at mangomultimedia.com
Thu Apr 10 09:36:45 EDT 2008

On Apr 9, 2008, at 11:47 PM, Colin Holgate wrote:
> I have a couple of presentations in early May, to groups that are
> mostly into Flash, and I'll be showing them Revolution. Are there
> good examples of what Revolution has been used for that I could
> show? Obvious I'm not thinking to compete with Flash in terms of in-
> browser applications, but Rev could compare well against Flash based
> things such as Adobe AIR and Flex.

Hi Colin,

Maybe this isn't exactly what you are looking to show but one of my
favorite features of Rev is the fact that you don't need to compile
your application each time you want to test it. Personally I found
this very time consuming with Flash and other environments that
require you to compile.

If you design your application using the splash screen technique then
you can be writing code on OS X and as soon as you save your script in
the IDE you can double-click to launch the executable for testing on a
Windows machine running on your network or in a VM. I think Rev's
"always on" development environment provides you more time to
experiment with your UI because you don't have to wait to compile each
time you want to see how a change is going to look/work. For me this
is one of the key differentiators between Rev and the other desktop
development environments that I am aware of.

Regards,

--
Trevor DeVore
Blue Mango Learning Systems