Working with csv files that are 5000 lines or more

Mark Smith mark at maseurope.net
Wed Apr 9 20:52:33 EDT 2008

Jim, are you using a 'repeat for' loop? In this kind of situation,
they can be many, many times faster than 'repeat with n = 1 to the
number of lines'.

Another option might be to split the data into an array:

put url ("file:" & someCSVfile) into tData
split tData by return  -- now you have an array, one line per
element, the elements numbered 1 to 7000

repeat for each line L in the keys of tData
   if whatYourSearchingFor is in tData[L] then
     either do what you need to with tData[L] or
     put L & comma after listOfLinesThatMatchTheSearchCriteria
   end if
end repeat

Best,

Mark