problem with drag-dropping a text string

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Wed Apr 9 03:28:28 EDT 2008

Eric Chatonet wrote:

> Sounds better to set all this in a dragStart handler:
>
> on dragStart
>   set the dragImage to <ID>
>   [set the dragImageOffset to <point>]
>   set the dragData[<type>] to <data>
> end dragStart
>
> In your case: set the dragData["text"] to Transform(the
> dragData["text"]) -- specific function

That didn't work either until I remembered to set the
allowableDragActions. Then it worked.

Peter, try that. I was getting bizarre results too until I remembered to
set that property in a dragStart handler. It's a new keyword as of 2.9.

One thing I noticed. If I set the allowableDragActions to "move,copy"
(the example in the docs) or "copy,move" it will only move text, even if
the target field sets the dragaction to "copy".

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com