Lauch more than one document

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Sun Apr 6 00:03:23 EDT 2008

Mark Schonewille wrote:
> Hi Jacque,
>
> I suspect this is impossible, because Rev checks whether the file exists
> before launching it and assumes that the entire parameter is a reference
> to once file. It would be nice if this command took a return delimited
> file list or even multiple file parameters.

Thanks. Now I'm playing with "open process for write" but that isn't
working either.

What I want to do is simulate dropping several files onto an app. I
didn't write the receiving app, and it isn't appleScriptable. It is
intended to be a droplet that can receive multiple files at once. I can
use "launch <document> with <appname>" for a single document, which
works fine, but I want to be able to send it multiple docs.

When I use "open process", I get a weird result:

open process "myApp" for binary write -- program launches and opens okay
write <filename> to process myApp -- "program is not open for write"

Huh? I'm also not sure whether I should be sending it the file path or
the contents of the file, but I'm thinking the filepath is correct,
since I'm trying to simulate a drop action.

Anyone know? How come it says the program isn't open for write, when I
can see it sitting there open in front of me?

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com