AW: AW: 2.9 and wmv video?

Tiemo Hollmann TB toolbook at kestner.de
Sat Apr 5 11:49:43 EDT 2008

Hi Mark and the others,
Also changing from play to start doesn't work for me.
Using the player object nothing happens at me, the same with the videoclip
object (as expected), using just play "foo.wmv" I hear a hard scratching for
the length of the video, but don't get a video. I also tested with different
wmv files, which all are played fine in WMP and other players.
I think even if I would manage to get it to run on my machine, the risk
would be too big for me, that there are so many different configurations out
there at my customers, where I could run into not solvable trouble (as it is
now on my machine) that I have to look for another way. It's a pitty,
because with my encoding tools I get the far best result in quality and file
size with encoding in wmv and I don't have the majority of my customers
(win) to install quicktime.
Mark, you said, you are on a project, where wmv is a must. If you want, I
could do some testing on windows for you to give you the safety, that you
don't get into trouble on other windows machines. Just give me a note if you
want.
Thanks
Tiemo