update to 2.9? --

Jan Schenkel janschenkel at yahoo.com
Sat Apr 5 02:10:51 EDT 2008

--- william humphrey <shoreagent at gmail.com> wrote:
> I re-installed RunRev from scratch. I tested SQLite
> using the demo stack and
> found that it works fine. I tried the database query
> builder (using that
> same test stack) and absolutely no joy. Why is the
> database query builder
> included in RunRev if it cannot be made to work?
> It is meant to be for ease of use?
>
> I have tried every possible parameter of connection
> in the little database
> query builder window (including those that work in
> earlier versions of
> RunRev) and nothing works.
>
> Has anybody else gotten database query builder to
> work in RunRev 2.9?
>
> Perhaps there is a pref file somewhere that I need t
> delete?
>
> This is really extremely frustrating especially when
> you consider that the
> database query builder is meant to be for "ease of
> use".
>
> I wish I had never ever used the database query
> builder in any of my stacks.
> Now it looks like I should re-write everything
> ignoring that menace.

Hi William,

I just fired up Rev 2.9 and created an SQLite database
from scratch, using the Query Builder to create the
database and connect to it, and a single button to
create a table in that database in 2 lines of script;
when I switch to the 'Record Set' tab in the query
builder, I can see the new table I just created, and
query it.

So that would seem to work quite well. Let's see if we
can figure out why it won't connect for you. Where
exactly is the database file located? Was it created
with Revolution or have you modified it using another
SQLite tool?

Jan Schenkel.

Quartam Reports & PDF Library for Revolution
<http://www.quartam.com>

=====